Full Time - Peterhead, United Kingdom
The CNC Programmer will create drawings and CNC programs using Esprit software. This individual should be familiar with Siemens/Fanuc based G-Code/M/Code and should be able to perform post-process editing. The CAD/CAM programmer should be proficient with Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Excel and Word) as well as be able to create new, maintain, and update files from that software. This individual must also be able to determine the manufacturing process of a new product from the fixture/wor holding stage to the finished product.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Generate accurate CAD/CAM drawings of parts using supplied print or sketch.
- Generate CNC programs for 5 axis and 7 axis machinery with use of Esprit software.
- Control and handle CNC programs from the server to CNC machines.
- Monitor, document and control and changes made to CNC programs.
- Assist with the design of fixtures and work holding components.
- Troubleshoot machine related issues (tooling, manufacturing process, or mechanical)
- Create strong working relationships with suppliers to establish suitable and most cost effective tooling.
- Provide daily reports of machine efficiency and reasons for any down time.
- Attend daily update meetings and weekly production meetings.
- • Must be proficient with Fanuc/Siemens control systems.
- • Minimum of 3 years’ experience as Machine operator (Manual and/or CNC.
- • Minimum of 2 years’ experience as CNC Programmer.
- • Experience of 5 axis and 7 axis programming would be advantageous.
- • Ability to work well in a team.
- • Effective Communication Skills.
- • SVQ Level 3 in relevant technical discipline.
- • Completed an engineering apprenticeship (preferred).
Tel: 01779 482217
Closing Date: Jan 25, 2019