Full Time - Brighouse, United Kingdom
The Draughtsperson will accurately take dimensions for mechanical components, producing clear and concise hand sketches from the workshop floor and be able to reproduce these dimensions into detailed scale manufacturing drawings using Autocad and Solidworks.
The Draughtsperson will also liaise with both the Engineering and Workshop departments in order to design new components using Autocad and Solidworks modelling software.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Main Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with company policies, procedures, standards and work instructions.
- Accurately take measurements of mechanical components within the workshop areas.
- Produce Detailed Engineering Drawings to the required standard using Autocad and Solidworks
- Assist and support other members of the Drawing Office and Engineering Teams.
- Work to their ability / capacity to meet priority deadlines.
- Ensure that all work is carried out to the highest standard of quality.
- Any other reasonable duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Health, Safety and Quality:
- Wearing of the correct safety PPE whilst carrying out activities in the workshop areas.
- Responsible for the safety of themselves, others and equipment.
- Checking of Engineering drawings produced by other Draughtspersons.
- Minimise department Non-Conformances and assist with setting provisions in place to prevent any reoccurrences.
- Attend all Department Team Talks and participate in any discussions.
- Ensure that all measuring equipment is within its current calibration date.
- Reporting of any incidents and near misses to the departmental Team Leader.
- Actively participate in all safety training including Toolbox Talks and Risk Assessments.
- Training and People:
- Communicate effectively with other members of the Drawing Office team.
- Carry out and complete any necessary training to the highest possible standard.
- Commitment to continual improvement and a flexible approach to change.
- Help and advise Apprentices with their ongoing training and log books.
- Help with support and development of other members of the Drawing Office team.
- Completing and updating of their personal Competency and VITAL records.
- Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- • Minimum of Higher National Certificate (HNC) in an engineering discipline (preferably mechanical).
- Skills and Behaviours:
- • The Individual should have the ability to produce detailed drawings using Autocad, Inventor or Solidworks software.
- • Effective communication skills.
- • Honest and Reliable.
- • Ability to work well as a team member and to take their own initiative.
- • Good drawing skills and have the ability to read, understand and interpret drawings.
- • Self-motivated, enthusiastic and committed to achieving excellence and meeting deadlines.
- • The Individual should also have experience in a workshop environment, be familiar with good engineering practices and ideally have relevant experience in dimensional checking of mechanical components.
Tel: 01484 712222
Closing Date: Jul 16, 2019