Focal Point Engineer
Full Time - Peterhead, United Kingdom
The Focal Point Engineer will be responsible for the receipt and completion of day to day engineering tasks required in support of the Fuel Systems and Accessories or Turbines section of the business. These tasks may be of own direction and implementation or may be through liaison with other engineering and/or production team members; however it will be their responsibility to ensure action completion and closure to the satisfaction of the required and assigned section of the business, in accordance with Engineering procedures as directed and managed through the Engineering Manager.
They shall provide technical support to the assigned business area production team, liaising with other department team leaders as necessary, whilst providing feedback and obtaining technical escalation support and approval through the Engineering Manager and team as required.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with company policies, procedures, standards and work instructions.
- Prepare for and participate in production meetings, focussing on technical issues required to support production throughput.
- Participate in project and technical meetings for assigned business area.
- Liaise with production team members as requested in support of production throughput, including leading receipt, investigation and implementation of Technical Queries.
- Creation and management of Technical Bulletins and the instructions for implementation as applicable to that area of the business.
- Engineering calculations for products associated with the assigned area of the business.
- Technical report creation as required for assigned area of business, which may include Test reports, Investigation reports and others as required.
- Provide the contact point for Drawing Office Job Cards.
- Escalation of Technical Queries with the Engineering Department, ensuring application of procedure for technical query management with required second level signatory through Engineering team.
- Any other reasonable duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
- • BEng Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or similar related technical discipline).
- • Additionally, the Engineer will have practical experience in an engineering field preferably in Turbines and/or Accessories.
- • Previous practical experience in product development/design of pressure retaining, oil related, equipment shall be an advantage.
- • Ability to work on their own and as part of a team.
- • Candidate to have good communication and IT skills.
- • To be self-motivated with an enthusiasm to develop themselves and other team members.
Tel: 01779 482217
Closing Date: Jan 31, 2019