Machinist - Perth
Full Time - Wangara, Australia
Score Group plc is currently seeking a qualified and experienced Machinist for their Wangara facility.
Score Perth Pty Ltd are a wholly owned subsidiary of Score Group plc which is a dynamic group of companies continually working to grow and improve in the global market place specialising in the supply of valves, actuators and ancillaries, valve management activities, procurement, engineering and design and overhaul of gas turbines and ancillaries.
Exciting opportunities currently exist at our Wangara facility for a qualified experienced machinist. The candidates will be responsible for the below duties, but not limited to:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Machining of components to specifications;
- Set and operate manual mills, lathes, vertical borers, horizontal borers and slotting machines;
- Correct selection of tools and cutters;
- Determine correct speeds and feeds;
- Correct selection and use of measuring equipment;
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and specifications;
- Provide training and mentoring to Apprentice Technicians;
- To be able to work on site as required;
- To work safely and adhere to company safety systems, standards or any other requirements from customers or their sites.
- • Minimum of 3 - 4 years’ proven experience in machining valves and their components is essential
- • Ability to screw cut on manual lathes is essential
- • Knowledge of machining exotic materials
- • Strong mechanical experience with the ability to problem solve machining issues to achieve efficient production outcomes
- • Welding and Fabrication skills will be highly regarded but not essential
- • Manual Drivers Licence
- • Forklift License would be advantageous, but not essential
+ 61 8 6400 2500
Closing Date: Aug 27, 2019