Senior Procurement Co-ordinator
Full Time - Peterhead, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
The Senior Procurement Co-ordinator is directly responsible for Aerospace material disciplines within their specific section or other areas of the department.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively adhere to and ensure compliance with applicable Quality policies, procedures, processes and systems. Take an active part in quality improvement processes. Identify and report any deficiencies to supervisor and obtain authorisation for any deviations from standard procedures;
- Supervisory Organisation Skills, including communication, decision making Assertiveness skills;
- Liaise with AAT Project Team Leader and workshop as and when required to ensure all questions and queries regarding materials are resolved and liaise with manager on any concerns;
- Organise all stock movement within Department;
- Monitor Stock position against provided planned production demand meeting business requirements for minimum/maximum stock holding and providing data as necessary for business accounting and standard cost tracking;
- Management of AAT business suppliers including working with relevant departments for supplier audits and supplier NCR investigation and closure;
- Ensure Traceability job sheets are accurately processed;
- Responsible for ensuring compliance to customs issues related to the company’s business;
- Attend daily and weekly production meetings and provide input in order to ensure target dates are being actively being met;
- Working with Team on leading higher level negotiation, placing of Purchase Orders for the project, commodity or product line;
- Actively support team interface with the business units to ensure capacity demand and forecast requirements are achieved;
- Assist the Accounts department with Supplier invoice enquires requiring clarification/ approval, update PO’s accordingly with applicable information to ensure suppliers invoices are processed for payment in a timely manner completing monthly reports as required and month end tasks as deemed necessary;
- Correct use of Company specific shipping systems in relation to jobs being returned to customer;
- Undertake stock audits on an on-going basis if required;
- Any other reasonable duties as required to meet the needs of the business;
- Carry out continuous improvement exercises and endeavour to improve efficiency and profitability throughout the department including negotiating discounts with suppliers;
- Responsible for ensuring the Health, Safety, Environmental, Quality and general housekeeping of all Team members are maintained to a high standard;
- Expedite of overdue orders and remedy Suppliers that are not performing;
- Responsible for ensuring all financial and delivery performance targets are met;
- Provide support to enable investigation and close out of all department related customer complaints or internal non-conformances and the implementation of any preventative measures resulting from the subsequent investigations.
- The successful candidate will be degree qualified ideally in Supply Chain Management, Finance or similar discipline and have experience in a Procurement/Purchasing role within the Aerospace industry. It would advantageous if the successful candidate had previous experience with procurement related systems.
- They should have the following skills and be able to demonstrate the following behaviours;
- • Professional approach appropriate to the role;
- • Sound organisational skills and structured working methods;
- • A good working knowledge of Microsoft standard software including Excel, Word, PowerPoint;
- • Excellent analytical skill, cost conscious, disciplined and organised;
- • Proficient in developing and maintaining strong relationships with good communication skills;
- • Commitment to continual improvement and a flexible approach to change;
- • Ability to motivate, lead and influence others;
- • Strong commitment towards HSEQ;
- • Ability to confidently lead and deal with people issues.
- They should also have the following;
- • An awareness of risk assessments within a materials function;
- • An understanding of stock control systems;
- • Have a good level of experience working in procurement, planning and purchasing.
- • Previous experience of supplier evaluation, purchase order drafting and negotiation;
- • Familiar with Import / Export procedures;
- • Supervisory experience.
Tel: 01779 482217
Closing Date: Jul 25, 2019