Shipping And Receiving / Logistics
Full Time - Houston, USA
Under the supervision of the Warehouse Supervisor, this position performs the functions of shipping and receiving; logistics; material handling; inventory management and record keeping of all incoming/outgoing shipments of company and client materials.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain record of all outstanding purchase orders with external vendors.
- Arrange all transportation and forwarding services for local freight.
- Prepare shipping documentation such as; bill of lading and commercial invoices.
- Loading and offloading of deliveries.
- Communicate with freight companies to ensure prompt pick-up.
- Review purchase orders and shipment contents prior releasing.
- Raise purchase orders for transportation and other miscellaneous product.
- Unpacking/packing of deliveries.
- Receipt and verification of technical and shipping documentation on all incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Report all defective materials to department supervisor.
- Pull components from inventory and properly package components for safe shipment to verified customer.
- Responsible for keeping shipping and receiving area organised and clean.
- Any other reasonable duties as required to meet the needs of the business.
- Qualifications / Requirements:
- • High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- • Experience with local and domestic freight.
- • Effective time management.
- • Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- • License for reach truck / counter balance forklifts.
- • Work in a fast-paced environment.
713 574 9680
Closing Date: Jan 23, 2019