We are currently looking for experienced Machinist to join our Score Group team, based at our facility in Wangara.
About Score Group
Score Group is a specialist in precision manufacturing, valve supply, automation and management systems and provides complex engineering solutions to customers in multiple markets, including defence, nuclear, aerospace, utilities and energy. With operations in more than 30 locations, across 5 continents, Score Group supports a global customer base.
About the role
The Machinist who joins our team and will be responsible for machining of components to specification within the tolerances of the drawings as directed by the workshop team lead in line with company, HSE and Quality standards.
The position will be based at the workshop with trips to remote sites as and when required by the client.
You and the role
If you are an experienced Machinist looking to develop within the valve industry then, this is a fantastic opportunity for you to join our facility and support in providing our clients with the high-quality service they are accustomed to. There is also training in valves and related equipment and opportunities to work onsite and at our other facilities as required.
What we offer
Score Group offers an opportunity with a company that is deeply committed to helping our people to learn, upskill and develop their careers. If you are looking to develop your mechanical skills within the valve industry, in a business with excellent growth opportunities across a range of industrial sectors and like the sound of an attractive market-rate salary, superannuation, benefits and the opportunity to learn from great colleagues, then please review the job outline below - we’d love to hear from you!
- Machining of components to specifications
- Use of manual mills, lathes, vertical borers, horizontal borers and slotting machines
- Correct selection of tools and cutters
- Determine correct speeds and feeds
- Correct selection and use of measuring equipment
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and specifications
- To provide training and mentoring to Apprentices Technicians.
- Onsite machining scopes using flange facers
- Client shutdown scopes
- Technical qualification in a mechanical discipline is preferred
- Experience in machining exotic materials would be desirable
- Forklift License would be advantageous, but not essential
- Manual drivers’ licence
- Previous experience as a mechanical fitter in a workshop environment is essential
- Demonstrable fitter experience within a valve workshop environment – preferred but full training on valves will be given
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work well in team and to take own initiative
- Commitment to continual improvement and a flexible approach to change
- Self motivated, enthusiastic and committed to delivering HSEQ excellence
Opportunity for all
We welcome applications from all and appoint based on merit. We’re committed to promoting diversity and inclusion throughout our organisation and remain committed to developing an open-minded, global culture.
If you would like to apply for the apprenticeship scheme, please send a cover letter detailing why you are interested and why you think you would be a valued member of our team along with your CV quoting SCA 01 - MA to:
Please note the vacancy will be closed when the successful candidate has been identified.
Success | Commitment | Ownership | Respect | Excellence