We’re currently looking for three Quality Control (QC) Inspectors to join the Score Group team based at our facility in Peterhead. These positions are available on both a permanent and 12-month fixed term basis.
About Score Group
Score Group is a specialist in precision manufacturing, valve supply, automation and management systems and provides complex engineering solutions to customers in multiple markets, including defence, nuclear, aerospace, utilities, and energy. With operations in more than 30 locations, across 5 continents, Score Group supports a global customer base.
About the role
Reporting to the Quality Team Lead, the QC Inspector will be responsible for all inspection activities on Isolation, Control, Choke & Relief valves and associated parts in accordance with our customer requirements, Score procedures and ISO 9001:2015.
You and the role
This is a great opportunity for a candidate with previous experience in a QC role within a fast-paced workshop environment. If you have an awareness of ISO 9001, some previous dimensional and or visual inspection experience, great attention to detail and a desire to learn and develop within a varied environment then we would welcome your application.
What we offer
Score Group offers an opportunity with a company that is deeply committed to helping our people to learn, upskill and develop their careers. If you are looking to develop your Quality skills and knowledge within a fast-paced environment, in a business with excellent growth opportunities across a range of industrial sectors and like the sound of an attractive market-rate salary, contributory pension, benefits and the opportunity to learn from great colleagues, then please review the job outline below - we’d love to hear from you!
- Ensure all work is carried out in accordance with company policies, procedures, standards and work instructions
- Inspection of valves, actuators and associated parts against all Score and client requirements. Ensuring product is correct and fit for purpose as well as recording traceability of the product and metallic parts
- Review product certification in-line with Industry standards and other Score/Client specific requirements. Certification types include; 3.1 material certification, Pressure and Non-Destructive test repots, type test certificates
- Communicate with the relevant Department when issues are identified with a product to determine a suitable resolution
- Effectively control certification under review to ensure the final approved certification is uploaded against the Stock records
- Quarantine non-conforming product and raise Supplier Non-Conformances within the Quality system
- Issue trace numbers to raw materials and associated material certification
- Final inspection of product against client requirements and industry standards to ensure product is correct and all required workscopes have been completed
- Identify Customer specific requirements, (customer and industry standards)
- Issue and review of product test parameters for valves in line with client requirements and Industry standards, such as; API 6D, API 6A, API 527, etc
- Verification of product test details from information received from the client and using knowledge of industry standards and manufacturer specific details
- Compile test certificates / engineering reports and review product certification in-line with Industry standards and other Score / Client specific requirements
- Ensure traceability of parts fitted during repair and modification of new and client owned product
- Liaise with Production / Sales to prioritise work and ensure all client requirements are met
- Technical qualification is desirable but not essential as experience will be taken into consideration and on the job training and mentoring will be provided
- Demonstrable previous experience working in a QA/QC role
- Knowledge of industry standard documentation (3.1 material certification) is preferred
- An understanding of ISO 9001:2015 would be desirable
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to work well as a team member and to take own initiative when liaising with other departments within the business
- Requires ability to interpret work processes and job histories and make informed judgements
- Must be able to work on your own following training
- Have excellent IT skills (primarily Microsoft Office Packages)
- Commitment to continual improvement and a flexible approach to change
- Motivated, enthusiastic and committed to delivering HSE excellence
Opportunity for all
We welcome applications from all and appoint based on merit. We’re committed to promoting diversity and inclusion throughout our organisation and remain committed to developing an open-minded, global culture.
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV quoting job title and reference SCE 50 - QC to:
Please note the vacancy will be closed when the successful candidate has been identified.
Success | Commitment | Ownership | Respect | Excellence